Bael (Aegle Marmelos) (बेल) | Introduction | Medicinal Benefits | Usage
7 Wonderful benefits of Bael (Aegle Marmelos) (बेल)
Bael (बेल-पत्र) Introduction:
Bael has been called the divine tree in the ancient Ayurveda literature and scriptures. Bael tree is cool in potency and has ample healing properties. Bael is the beloved fruit of Lord Shiva, Bael (Bilvapatra) is used for worshiping of Shiva-Parvati. Its fruit can remain intact for 6 months and qualities will remain the same. Bael tree rejuvenates un-plucked fruits the very next year and turns its color back from yellow to green. Every part of the Bael tree is used as a medicine. Due to these divine properties. It is considered a holy plant.
Bael is found in dry deciduous forests of the Indian subcontinent. Bael tree is a medium-sized, fragrant, straight tree. Its stems are soft, light gray to light brown. Its flowers are medium in size, green-white in color, sweet-fragrant, 2-3 cm in diameter. Bael fruits are spherical in shape, green or yellow in color and about 8-25 cm in diameter, the fruit shell is hard, tuff, fragrant and its pulp is sweet in taste. The floral period is from February to July.
Bael Medicinal Benefits and Usage
Bael Benefits in Abdomen
- bael fruit’s pulp with a pinch of black pepper and sugar grind it and make a juice having it twice a day will mitigate abdominal pain.
- ripe Bael fruit is beneficial in Increasing the desire to eat and fruit juice can also be consumed for the same results.
- 100 grams of bael powder with half of the Rock sugar and a quarter part of saunth powder(Dry Ginger powder) grind everything well Take half spoon of mix with lukewarm water after meals twice a day, the appetite will increase.
Heartburn and acid reflux:
- ripe Bael fruit is beneficial in heartburn due to hyperacidity.
- Bael Leaves shows effective results in Peptic ulcer, infusion (crush and soak bael leaves overnight in water) of bael leaves overnight, strain, and have it for a month or two, will show great results in inflammation and other peptic ulcer symptoms.
Irritable bowel syndrome:
- 10 grams bael powder, 5 grams Saunth powder (dry ginger powder) mix with old jaggery, and take ½ spoon with buttermilk thrice a day.
- Roast unripe bael directly over the flame and have a pulp with honey regulate bowel movement and give relief in IBS.
- Having 20 grams of bael fruit pulp with saunth powder(Dry Ginger powder) and jaggery in the morning beneficial in Dysentery.
- 10 ml leaves juice with honey 6-7 times a day shows satisfying results in dysentery.
- 2 gm of bael powder with rock sugar twice a day empty stomach helps you to mitigate bleeding soon. and you can consume Bael fruit for a good fiber source. This may reduce the risk of hemorrhoids and lessen constipation.
Detoxifying and Blood Purification
- bael is traditionally recommended for the use of bael fruit juice in detoxification and blood purification. It helps to vanish toxins from the liver and kidney and clears constipation and intestines.
- Bael fruit contains alkaloids and Angeline which gives relief in asthmatic problems and according to Ayurveda, it is suggested to have 10ml of bael leaves juice with honey is effective against asthma.
- As it works as a detoxifier for the liver, several uses are defined with many herbs combination with bael for jaundice, stand-alone use can be 20 ml bael leaves juice with rock sugar and black pepper powder, having in the morning benefits in Jaundice.
- 20ml bael leaves juice with 4-5gm black peppers in it having an empty stomach in the morning with water gives good results in diabetes. Turmeric, Giloy, Harad, karela, neem leaves, and Amla can be combined for up to the mark results.
- Bael root or bark paste made with water can be applied to boils-puffs caused by blood disorders. and bael leaves juice intake shows phenomenal results in diseases cause by blood toxicity.
Above Post is for Information Purposes, data are collected from various literature or experiences of many physicians (vaidya). Please do consult your doctor before trying.