Neem (Azadirachta Indica) (नीम) | Introduction | Benefits | Usage
Common names of Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
|Neem Common Names|
Neem is usually found everywhere in the Indian sub-continent, Neem tree height is about 15-40 meter long, Tree is huge, with a straight and ruff surfaced trunk. Leaves grow bushy, alternately, 20–30 cm long, cut at the edges, bright green in color. Its fruits are smooth from out and sticky from inside, elliptical in shape, 1.5 cm long, initially green and turn yellow to brown as grows. Seeds contain up to 40% oil which is renowned as NEEM OIL, very useful for medicinal purposes.
apart from this neem’s wood is tough durable and strong, as it is used in furniture, racks, boxes as well as in ships and boats.
|Neem Flowers and Leaves|
Ayurvedic Properties of Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
Neem (Azadirachta Indica)Benefits and Usage
Benefits in Dental health
- Neem is suggested for Several Dental problems from ancient times. people are using neem stick for brushing teeth when the brush wasn’t introduced, bleeding gums, exudate, mouth ulcers, mouth odor.
- Gargling with neem root decoction is beneficial in many dental diseases.
- Neem bark is used in the preparation of dant manjan(tooth powder).
Benefits in Beauty:
- make a paste of Neem bark, pour neem leaves juice instead of water when it becomes a paste, apply it on your face, and help you to get rid of pimples.
- chewing 10 new leaves daily will purify your blood and help you get clear and pimple-free skin.
Benefits in Ear diseases:
- pour 2 drops of neem oil in each ear, prevents ear discharge, earache, and fungal infection.
- Tinnitus or ringing sound in the ear can be treated by pouring neem oil in the ears.
Benefits in Respiratory System:
- 5 drops of neem oil once a day useful in tuberculosis and asthma.
|Neem Bark, Leaves, Fruit and flowers|
Benefits in Hairs and scalp
- boil neem leaves in water and strain, wash hairs with this will strengthen hairs, stops hair fall, heal scalp fungal infections and benefits in many diseases of the head
- Applying the paste of seeds or washing the head with the decoction of neem leaves kills head lice and nicks.
- If there are small pimples on the head, and likewise minor diseases, washing the head with neem decoction and applying neem oil regularly is beneficial.
Benefits for Head and brain:
- Migraine: Pour 2 drops of neem oil in the nose on the same side of the pain before sunrise, it is beneficial in chronic migraine disease.
- Applying neem oil on the forehead is beneficial for headaches.
Benefits for Stomach:
- Taking juice of small neem leaves kills stomach worms.
- neem-panchang powder 1 spoon, Vidhara-churna 2 spoon, and roasted gram flour 1 cup having it with honey beneficial in acidity.
- Boil 3 spoons of inner neem-bark coarse powder in 4 cups of water till it remains half, giving decoction 50-50 ml thrice a day stops diarrhea.
- A mix of honey with 5mg neem bark or fine crush 10 of neem leaves and mix honey in it to relieve vomiting.
Benefits in Piles:
- 3-4 Neem seed kernels with whole sugar or swallowing it in capsules are beneficial in all types of piles. have only milk and rice during intake.
- an equal amount of neem oil and Bhim-seni (deshi) camphor, applied on piles directly for some days gives relief in piles.
- powder on dried neem seed about 2 gm in morning daily benefits in all types of piles.
Benefits in jaundice:
- 15 ml juice of each Neem leaves, Adusa leaves mix with honey daily morning beneficial in jaundice.
- neem-leaf juice sugar to taste a heated mixture and have it in the morning for 3 days is also beneficial.
- Grind 10 leaves of neem, mix it with honey, and it also provides relief in Pandu and abdominal disorders.
Neem has also beneficial in several more diseases as follows
- High blood sugar: Having neem juice helps
- mouth ulcers
- joints pain
- healing wounds
Useful Parts of Neem (Azadirachta Indica):
Dosage of Neem (Azadirachta Indica):
- Juice – 10-20 ml
- Decocation- 50 ml
The above Post is for Information Purposes, data are collected from various literature or experiences of many physicians (vaidya). Please do consult your doctor before trying.
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Verum) (दालचीनी)
One thought on “Neem (Azadirachta Indica) (नीम) | Introduction | Benefits | Usage”
Comments are closed.