Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) (हर-श्रृंगार) | Introduction | Medicinal Benefits | Usage
10 Incredible Medicinal Benefits of Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) (हर-श्रृंगार)
Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) (हर-श्रृंगार) Introduction:
Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) is considered a divine tree. It is believed that parijat appeared as the result of the Samudra manthan, Which lord Indra had planted in his Heaven. later Shri Krishna brought this divine tree from heaven to the earth and while Krishna was bringing the tree of Parijat, lord Indra cursed the tree that the flowers of this tree will not bloom during the day.
Parijat (हर-श्रृंगार) is a beautiful tree with beautiful and fragrant flowers. Originally Parijat is a native of the Indian subcontinent, it is also cultivated in some regions usually 1500 meters above sea level For ages Parijat’s uses are defined in Ayurveda. It is a shrub tree up to 5-15 meters tall, leaves are 5–12 cm long, 2–6 cm wide, pointed, rough, and green on the top surface. The flowers are very fragrant, small, white color and bright orange in the middle. fruits are 2 cm long and wide, 2-3 mm broad, and greenish. Its flowering time is from September to December.
Common names of Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis)
Ayurvedic Properties of Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis)
Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis) Medicinal Benefits and Usage
- chewing the root of Parijat causes the eradication of mumps.
- By chewing the root nasal bleeding is suppressed.
- Intestinal worms are excreted by consuming the juice of fresh parijat leaves.
- Parijat decoction (20 ml) is beneficial in gonorrhea(प्रमेह).
Parijat Uses in Frequent Urination: Consuming decoction of parijat panchang will help to prevent Frequent Urination.
- Uses in Arthritis, slip disc, and cervical pain:
- Pain and inflammation: Decoction of leaves helps you to lessen the pain of arthritis, slip disc and cervical pain add 2 spoons of castor oil for a miraculous results.
- Arthritis: Consumption Parijat root decoction reduces the occurrence of arthritis.
- Rheumatism: Crush a few leaves, cook to make it lukewarm and apply it on rheumatism, provides relief in rheumatism
Rheumatism: Crush a few leaves, cook to make it lukewarm and apply it on rheumatism, provides relief in rheumatism
- Ringworms: Applying the juice or paste of parijat leaves over the affected area, mitigates ringworm.
- chronic fever: 10 ml Parijat juice is used to reduce fever. add 2 grams of Trikatu powder in it in case of chronic fever.
- Neuralgia: making a decoction of nirgundi leaves and Parijat leaves, drinking 20-30 ml is a mitigation of neuralgia.
|Parijaat leaf seed and flower|
Useful parts of Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis):
Leaves juice: 5-10ml
Leaves Decoction: 15-30ml