kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica): Intro | Benefits | Usages
Introduction Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) (Ivory Tree)
kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) is one of the most popular & important medicine in India. It gives immediate relaxation from dysentery, twitch, cholecystitis and etc. kutaja has been taken in use as medicine since ancient times. Description of kutaja with other medicine is found in vaginal diseases, jaundice, urinary incontinence, poison, rheumatic disease, leprosy, diarrhea, fever, Epilepsia, etc in Charak Samhita. Kutaja is a well-known plant that manages the peak of Kapha and pitta doshas. It’s fruits, bark, flowers, and seeds as well are valuable for medicinal motives.
Common Names of kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica)(कुटज)
It is mostly found in tropical Asia in Myanmar, Indochina & Malaysia. It is found at 1000 m altitude in the mountain’s deciduous forest throughout India and in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, South India, and Maharashtra.
Kutaja is the glabrous tree that is extensively found throughout India. The bark of this tree is rough, brown in color, its seeds are light brown having silky hair and its flower grows up to 3 cm high having a little aroma. And when this plant gets injured then it releases milk.
There are two varieties of it – Ivory, white ivory.
Ayurvedic Properties of kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) Medicinal Benefits and Usage
- Kutaja can be used for curing dysentery and other gastric problems as it has great quality and it is one of the crucial medicinal plant.
Mouth diseases (Teeth pain)
Doing gargle from the decoction of kutuja’s bark will give you relief from teeth pain.
kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) for Diarrhea
take in equal quantity (3-5 gm) of Nutgrass, atees, betel, the bark of kutaja and Laksha powder with water will get you rid of diarrhea.
Drink thrice a day 6-10 ml fresh juice of kutaja’s bark by adding one spoon of honey in it will give you relief from diarrhea.
- boil kutaja’s seed in 45-50 ml water, filter it then add honey in it and drink thrice a day will give you relaxation from cholecystitis.
- Take the 12-15 gm fresh kutaja’s bark and grind it in whey then drinking it will reduce dysentery.
- kutaja is one of the important medicines for alleviating bleeding piles.
- Adding two spoons of honey in 8-10 gm grinded kutaja’s bark and feeding it will mitigate piles (Bleeding piles).
- Make the decoction of kutaja’s bark, then add 6 gm cow ghee in 20 ml decoction with 1 gm dry ginger (Sonth), and drinking it morning & evening will reduce piles.
- One can get rid of piles by taking a 20 ml decoction of kutaja’s bark.
- Add sugar candy in 4-5 gm kutaja’a derm powder and feeding it will reduce hemorrhoids.
Urinary incontinence (Lithiasis)
- Lithiasis will come out in broken form if one takes twice a day 4-5 gm kutaja root’s bark by dragging it in curd.
kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica) for Diabetes
- Kutaja has the quality of hypoglycemic which assists an important role in ameliorating the blood sugar level in the body.
- Taking regularly the vegetable of kutaja flower or 3gm powder of it will control diabetes.
Reproductive system problems
- Sensory weakness
- just dabble 6 gm Ivory seed in Buffalo’s milk for 12Hours, then grind it then apply the paste on sensory & tie a strip, wash it after some time from warm water. Doing this for days will give you relief.
- Taking three times in a day 8-10 gm kutaja bark by grinding it in water will get you rid of leprosy.
- A washing wound from the decoction of kutaja bark will fill it.
- Blister and pimples can be reduced if you grind kutaja fresh bark in rice water and then apply its paste on them.
- Applying latex can be beneficial in eczema and other skin problems.
Overall body diseases
- Kutaja’s bark & seeds can be significant for reducing fever.
- Add rice wash in decoction (20-30ml) of equally added kutaja, glycyrrhiza glabra, Picrorhiza kurroa, and mix honey then drinking it will mitigate fever.
- Taking regularly 6-10 gm Ghee derived from kutaja bark paste will be helpful in blood bile.
Useful part of kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica):
Dosage of kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica):
Powder: 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon twice a day
Vati / tablet: 1-2 capsule twice a day
Buy Yuvika Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
Read more Articles
Chirayata (Swertia chirayita)(चिरायता)
** Above Post is for Information Purposes, data are collected from various literature or experiences of many physicians (vaidya). Please do consult your doctor before trying. **
One thought on “kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica): Intro | Benefits | Usages”
Comments are closed.